Show Side Menu
To view, print or save our practice booklet, click here
COVID-19 Self Isolation Note
Online Services
Maternity Self-Referral
Cytology Protocol Patient Leaflet
Mental & emotional wellbeing resources

Registering with Ormeau Park Surgery

Anyone who wishes to join the list needs to complete a New Patient Registration form, available from reception or download the New Patient Registration from the download forms tab.

Whereas new patients register with the Practice rather than with an individual GP, they are nonetheless free to request an appointment with any of the practitioners.

In accordance with our policy on diversity and equality, we welcome patients from all diverse groups.

If you have a NI medical card, you should bring it with you along with your new patient registration form.

If you are registered with a Doctor in NI and do not have your medical card, you will need to fill in an HS200.

If you have lived outside NI at any time and have been registered with a Doctor, you will need to fill in an HSC/R1 form.

Please also bring the following documents with you: proof of identity, proof of residency and proof of why you are in Northern Ireland. If you do not bring these documents your registration will be delayed.

New Patient Registration - Paperwork Required

Please return your completed registration form with the relevant documentation Monday – Friday between 2pm and 4pm, excluding Wednesday.

Registration forms are:

  1. The yellow HS123 form. This is for registering a new born baby and is provided by the Registrar when the birth is registered. No other forms or documents are needed with this.
  2. The HS200 form. This is for registering someone who is already registered with a GP Practice in NI or GB.
  3. The HSC/R1 form. This if for registering someone who is NOT already registered with a GP Practice in NI or GB.

When submitting the HS200 form you will also need to provide photographic ID and proof of address. If you are not a UK Citizen but are a citizen of one of the European Economic Area (EEA) member states then your photographic ID needs to be a copy of your passport and an EU settlement confirmation. If you are neither a UK citizen nor a citizen of one of the EEA member states then your photographic ID needs to be a copy of your passport and also a copy of your visa.

List 1: Lawfully in NI

  • Valid Passport
  • Valid visa issued by the UK Home Office (if applicable)
  • Birth Certificate, and where applicable, Marriage or Civil Partnership Certificate
  • Certificate of Naturalisation or proof of EEA status
  • Other valid photographic ID

List 2: Residing in NI

  • Current NI Driving Licence (photo card and counterpart) with NI address
  • Current NI rates bill
  • Current NI Electoral Identity Care
  • Current Home insurance policy valid for NI
  • Signed, current tenancy agreement (not handwritten) or mortgage statement for property of residency in NI.
  • Current bank statements for active account which shows NI address
  • Recently paid utility bill (gas, electricity or telephone – not mobile phone) for property of residency in NI
  • Housing benefit award letter for a property in NI

List 3: Reason for being in NI

  • A letter or document from the Department of Communities (Belfast) confirming receipt of a UK state pension or benefit
  • Recent payslip from current employer (showing employer’s address and employee’s National Insurance Number)
  • A letter from Revenue & Customs (HMRC) with your unique tax reference/self assessment return showing NI address
  • S1 form or letter from the Department of Employment & Social Protection (Dublin) confirming receipt of state pension
  • HMRC Tax Credit Award
Local Services, Let